Today we went to the clinic to get Gabe's measles vaccine. There were quite a few people there but I didn't think it would take us too long. I have never waited more than an hour so figured I would get comfy and wait it out. Well 3 hours later and we finally got to see the nurse. Poor Gabe was so tired an almost asleep by the time it was our turn.
He was weighed and measured first and it seems we have a shorty on our hands. Our little guy now weighs 9.08kg and is a mere 65cm tall.
Then it was time for the painful part. I had to hold Gabe's hands and he leg down whilst she administered the injection. This time was the hardest of all the vaccines we have done to date. He just held his breathe before letting out a blood curdling scream. We managed to distract him with a lollipop, but it didn't last long as she still had to do the pneumococcal vaccine.Luckily by the time we walked out he was all happy and sucking on his lollipop.
Lets hope tonight he sleeps well and that he doesn't suffer any side effects.
No comments:
Post a Comment