Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Living with regret
Today a friend of mine went into hospital to be induced. I am still waiting to hear the good news of the birth of her son but in the meantime I keep thinking back to the day Gabriel was born. I was told my pelvis may be too small to push him through and that a c-section was recommended. The gynae also gave me the option to allow me to go into labour naturally and see what would happen but out of fear for my little boy's safety I chose to have a planned c-section. Now, today, thinking about my friend I really regret that decision. I have been feeling envious of her for having a natural birth as it is something I never got to experience and it was something that I truly wanted to do. I let fear rule my decision and now I must live with the regret!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aw lisa i have also wondered what it would have been like to have gone natural but i promise you really did the right thing for you and your baby.In most cases induced labour turns out a emergency c section anyway.They spend hours and hours in labour the baby gets so disstressed and then they have to have a caesarain after all that effort so their babys birth isnt a pleasant experiance.I really think that you made the right choice you gave birth to the most precious healthy and happy baby boy and all i can say is well done and there are no regrets about that! x carley&Athena
We made the decision that we thought was right Babes. It was not a regettable decision.
Post a Comment