Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Going home

So today mom got to go home from the hospital. I went to visit her yesterday afternoon as I was unable to go in the evening due to ante natal classes and my grandparents took the morning slot. They had her out of bed yesterday morning and walking around on crutches. She was looking a lot better so we had high hopes that she would be coming home today.
Mom called just after 8:30am this morning to say that the Dr was happy with her progress and that she could be discharged. She was only allowed to leave at 11am so I arrived there for 10:30am to help her gather her things together and to sign all the necessary documentation. She was so happy to leave. Hospitals can be quite noisy so it becomes difficult to get the rest you need.

Once home I got her set up on the couch with a blanket etc. I made her some lunch and made sure she was nice and comfortable.
It is a good thing she lives on the same property otherwise she would have had to move in with us for a while as she can't be on her feet for too long at this stage.
She is on leave for 3 weeks then back to work but she cannot drive for 6 weeks and the bandages only come off in 6 weeks so I get to play nurse up until that time.

No comments: