So today is my love's 28th birthday. It started off really well. As I mentioned in an earlier post I bought him the Guitar Hero Bundle set but I decided to keep it a surprise and only give it to him when he gets home. So this morning I gave him a little gift which had a couple of CD's in it. One was James Morrison's CD and the other one was the One Republic CD. He seemed so chuffed and I felt so bad giving him such a small gift, especially with all that he has been doing for me lately. After that we headed off to the hospital as we had our 4D scan booked for today. It wasn't planned this way it just happened to be on his birthday but I couldn't imagine a better way to start off a birthday.
The scan was amazing. We got to stare at our little boy for an entire 30 min!!! It was spectacular. We saw so much!! He wouldn't move his hand away from his face and the technician kept trying to poke him so he would move but not such luck. However, what we got to see was amazing. He looks so so cute. I can't wait to meet him.
My amazing little angel!
After the scan we were on our way back home so that Terence could drop me off then go to work but he was not in the mood for work and decided he was going to call in sick. I was happy to have him home but he has spoiled all my plans. I was going to surprise him with an indoor picnic and his big gift etc. Now there was no way of making it a surprise with him home all day long. So I snuck down to mom's house and got her to call him to say that she was having computer problems. When he got there we had his gift wrapped and waiting for him. He was so surprised and he couldn't stop gushing. He LOVED it!!! Since he was going to be home all day I figured he might as well have some fun doing it. He played that game the entire afternoon!
The gift
Terence enjoying his gift
I decided to go ahead with the picnic and went out to by all the relevant food. We made the food together and we then sat down on our blanket in the lounge with the lights dimmed, some candles scattered around the room and some soothing music in the background. I couldn't get proper champagne for us due to me being preggies so I got some sparkling grape juice instead. We had a wonderful time and Terence loved it so much he said we need to do it more often. It was so nice to just sit and chat and have no disturbances.
After dinner I went into the kitchen to get dessert. I bought some cupcakes and I put candles on them and then I called him to the kitchen saying I needed his help reaching something. As he walked in I started signing Happy Birthday! He thinks I am nuts, but thats ok because I know he still loves me :-)
Even though the day didn't go according to my original plans it was still an awesome day. It couldn't have been any better!!
No comments:
Post a Comment