Mom went to see an orthopedic surgeon a few weeks back about her feet. She has been having quite a bit of trouble with her right foot lately and decided it was time to get it sorted out. He booked her for an operation which was today. He has to replace the joint between her big toe and her metatarsals and also straighten the bone at the same time. He has decided to do both feet as the left foot will end up being a problem as well in about a year down the line.
We were up bright and early as she needed to be at the hospital by 7:30am. Mom was so nervous and no matter what I said she didn't seem to be relaxing any. Once at the hospital she just had to fill in some forms and get dressed into her fashionable hospital attire. I sat with her until they came to fetch her for the surgery (that was at about 9:30am). I said my goodbyes and wished her luck and then headed on back home.
At about 2:30pm I was back in my car and off to see if mom was ok. When I got to the hospital she was sitting in a chair next to the bed having a cup of tea. The physiotherapist had just been to see her and it looks like everything went well. She was so tired so after her tea I helped her back into bed and promised to return later. I sms'd my grandparents and my aunt just to update them on her progress.
After Terence arrived home we headed back to the hospital for the 7pm visiting hours. I took mom a YOU magazine and some biscuits. Just something to keep her occupied and a nice little something to snack on if she got peckish. She was looking a lot better after her afternoon rest and seemed to be in high spirits. We chatted a little then headed back home. I will go tomorrow afternoon again to see her.
No comments:
Post a Comment