Tuesday, July 14, 2009

36 weeks!!

So today we went for our 36 week check up. This time round before I went in to see the doc the nurse hooked me up to a fetal heart monitor and baby's heart rate was measured for about 10 min. But because baby was sleeping the heart rate was pretty stable so it didn't give the doc a good indication of what was going on. However I told him that baby is moving regularly but just not as vigorously and he seemed ok with that.
Baby is weighing 2.75kg at the moment and is estimated to be 3.3kg at birth. So not too big but a nice size. The placenta is functioning as it should and there is still enough amniotic fluid so all in all everything is great. I have the start of a bladder infection so that is being treated as we don't want to spread it to the baby.
The jury is still out as to whether or not I am having a c-section but the doc is definitely leaning in that direction and I am ok with that. I am a bit concerned about the recovery after the op but i am sure I will manage.
I go back in 2 weeks time and that is when the final decision will be made.

I must admit that I am getting very scared now as the time gets nearer and I am wondering if I am ready to be a mom. I just hope I do a good job taking care of our little angel.

No comments: