Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cape Point

Last night we decided that today we would go to Cape Point. Upon waking we saw that the weather was not going to co-operate with us but decided we would go anyway. I have never been to Cape Point before so I didn't realise there was quite a drive to the point once you had entered the gates. We seemed to drive for quite some time until we reached the parking lot for the Point itself but it was a lovely drive and next time we go I would really like to take a drive down some of the other paths in the park.

Once we finally reached the parking mom and I decided we would take the funicular whilst Terence decided he was gonna walk to the top. Good thing I took the easy route as I don't think I would have made the walk after seeing how steep the path was in some parts.
Then it was the climb up to the lighthouse. Being 6 months pregnant really does make the walk that little bit more tiring but I made it and the view was great.

After admiring the view for some time we decide to visit the curio shop. There we found the cutest monkey hand puppet and we just had to buy him for our little bear. He is gonna love his monkey!! I decided we should name the monkey Mo. So now Mo the monkey is the newest member of our family :-)


Getting ready to climb the stairs to the lighthouse


My Mom, Mo and I

After our visit to Cape Point we made our way home to have a little rest before some friends of ours came for a visit. The last time we saw Nick and Carmen was almost 2 years ago when we were last in Cape Town so it was nice to see them again. We just had a nice relaxing braai and chatted. Caught up on all the gossip and just generally had a good time. They left at about 10:00pm and by then it was bed time for me.

No comments: