Today was the all important voting day. Luckily there was a voting station just down the road from where we were staying so at around 10:00am we decided to make our way down to the voting station to go make our mark. The queue didn't look too bad but it still ended up taking us 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to the front of the queue in order for us to be able to cast our vote. Being pregnant I could have taken advantage of that and been bumped to the front of the queue from the get go but I decided that I would just stand in the queue like everyone else.
I was actually quite impressed with the turnout of voters. Made me really proud to be South African!!
This evening we had a dinner get together at Doreen's (Terence's godmother's) house with family and friends. It was such a great evening and it was awesome to be able to see everyone again. Most of the people I have only met once before as they are all from Terence's side of the family but they are great people and so easy to connect with.
No comments:
Post a Comment