Monday, April 20, 2009

Reader's Warehouse

After having a relaxing day yesterday it was time to do some retail therapy.

Before leaving JHB I came across a site for a place called Readers Warehouse and I just had to go. Well needless to say I ended up spending quite a bit in there. It is a book store but it sells mainly bargain books. They have most of the newly released books in stock but they have older books that have been discontinued or have had too many prints made etc. They also have a bargain bin where all books are R25 due to the fact the cover might be a little torn or the pages are a bit bent etc. I managed to get a hardcover book from the bargain bin that is currently selling for R160 for R25 because the sleeve on the hardcover was ripped. The book itself is in perfect condition. I also bought a couple of Dean Koontz books for R40 each, all brand new.We walked out with 12 books for R380. Not bad if you ask me.

Now that our book frenzy was over we headed to Access Park. Access Park is basically a place that has the warehouse stores for some of the popular brands like zoom,levis,adidas etc. Not a bad place but I also wouldn't say they have the best deals in towns, however having said that we did manage to get Terence a couple of tracksuits as well as a babygro for baby that says "Little Booger Eater" on the front of it. We stopped for a bite to eat at Nino's in between all our shopping and I had the most divine pasta from there. Really a great place to eat.

With our shopping spree out the way it was time to head home. It was a long day and some relaxation on the balcony of the apartment was called for :-)

No comments: