Thursday, April 30, 2009

Home Time :-(

Today we had to come back home :-( We were not happy at all. Felt like the two weeks just flew by. It always takes so long for holidays to come around then when they do they just fly by.

We had to be out of the apartment by 10am which was ok by us as we needed to get the car back to Imperial and then still check in etc. So by 10am we were packed and ready to go. We said goodbye to Bruce and Sally, the owners of Blue Yonder, and made our way to the airport. We checked the car back in with no hassles and then we checked ourselves in. Once we had checked in we decided to get a bite to eat before we had to board the plane.

The flight was uneventful which is always a good thing but the 2 hours seemed to drag by. Could have been because I was pretty uncomfortable most of the way. I would never consider flying past the 6 month mark, flying whilst 6 months pregnant was bad enough.

Once we landed it was time to make our way home. Couldn't wait to get in and just plop down on the couch and relax. Mikaila was suppose to be there when we arrived but apparently had to go to work at the last minute. She left the house keys with a friend so all we had to do was make a quick stop to collect the keys and then head on home. Well as usual our quick stop wasn't so quick. The lady who was suppose to be home was not and she didn't leave the keys at the house either.We ended up having to call Mikaila to ask her to call her friend so that we could find out where she was so that we could get the house keys. Luckily the friend was not far away and she rushed back home and we managed to get the keys.

Finally back home and slightly exhausted. The couch was definitely calling my name!! However, to our shock and horror we walked in to a total mess. It looked as if a hurricane had passed through our house. I was not impressed. I called Mikaila immediately and demanded some answers but got nowwhere closer to finding out why my house looked like a dorm room. Needless to say I spent the evening cleaning the house. I was not impressed at all. We found quite a few things broken as well as a few things that were damaged. Next time I go away I will risk leaving the house unoccupied.
Not a great home welcoming!!!

No comments: