Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Castle of Good Hope

So we decided that today was a good day to visit the castle. I had never been before so it was a nice day out. We started by walking around on the outside of the castle around the castle walls. We then progressed to looking inside the castle and exploring all the nooks and crannies it has to offer. It was actually very interesting reading what the castle was used for and seeing the prison cells etc. We also witnessed the Key Ceremony as well as the firing of the canon. It was quite an educational day out.
They offer wagon rides at the castle that are pulled by the most beautiful horses. When the wagon is not in use the horses are taken to the back of the castle where they can graze and roam. Well one of the horses kept coming to the front of the castle to graze. He obviously thought the grass was tastier in front. Needless to say he drew a lot of attention from the visitors so it became difficult for the staff to convince him to stay in the back area :-)

Terence practicing ringing the bell!


Me practicing to fire a canon, just in case I need the experience one day :-)


Mom and I in the dungeon


The horse that decided the grass was greener on the other side!

Once we had finished with our tour around the castle I decided we should head back as my feet and back were really sore. It shouldn't have been a long drive home but Terence decided to take the scenic route. Needless to say I was not impressed. It took us an hour and a half to get back and by that time I had a full bladder with baby sitting right on it and I had terrible backache from sitting in the same position for so long. Sometimes being pregnant can take its toll.

No comments: