Today we went down to Boulder's to go and see the penguins. I just love those birds.
It was terribly busy though. Tons of overseas tourists there today but at least we managed to see what we wanted to see. It seems a lot of the penguins had baby's so we obviously caught them just days after the eggs had hatched. We did see some penguins that were still incubating their eggs. Must say I am glad that I don't have to sit on an egg and wait for my baby to hatch, that would drive me nuts :-)
Penguin sitting on the egg
Lots of penguins on the beach
Terence admiring the view
After our little visit to the penguins we did a quick stop in Simons Town so that mom could see the statue of Just Nuisance. Took her photo with him and then we left. Very quick visit!
Proof that mom got the pic :-)
We spent the rest of the afternoon in Kalk Bay looking at all the cute little shops they have to offer. I must say that I found some amazing things in a few of the shops just a pity we flew down so I couldn't really buy a lot of what I saw. we had lunch at my all time favourite pizza place Satori's. If you are ever in Kalk Bay you must go visit. Really great atmosphere and really awesome food.
After shopping up a storm we took a quick little stroll on the beach before heading home.
Was a pretty packed day but we had a lot of fun.
Testing the water, it was FREEZING!!!
Just taking a stroll on the beach
No comments:
Post a Comment