What a night!! Who ever said that you could get more rest in hospital than at home must have been high. Last night I decided to send Gabriel to the nursery as I was battling to pick him up out of the crib as I could not get out of the bed til this morning due to Dr's orders. So having done that I thought I would be in for a peaceful night with loads of rest. Boy was I wrong. My room is situated right opposite the nursery so all I heard was babies crying and people going in and out there all night. Then there were bells going all night long as people buzzed for the nurses. I can't wait to go home!
This morning the nurse came round at about 4:30am and removed my drip as well as the catheter. I have never been so happy in my entire life! I was now allowed out of bed and allowed to have a shower. It was bliss!! My bum was starting to get so sore from lying in the same spot and not being able to get out of bed.
My wound was a bit sensitive the first time I got out of bed but after moving around etc it got much better.
The physio also came by today to show us how to get in and out of the bed and how to minimise pain in the area if we coughed etc. There seems to be a list of do's and don't s surrounding a c-section but hopefully I will be all healed in no time.
Terence was here bright and early this morning. It was great to see him. I missed him so much in the night. He is such a huge help with the baby. I am so grateful to have such a great husband.
Joanne then popped by for a visit today. She almost didn't get to see Gabriel as the paediatrician was running late and Gabe was in the nursery until just before visiting hours. Luckily the paed arrived minutes before visiting hours to check on Gabe and after that we were able to take him back to the room.
Once Joanne left we had to go to the nursery to watch a demonstration of the bathing. I didn't pay too much attention as they had shown us how to do it in the ante-natal class and I was pretty confident that I would be able to do it once we got home.
Mom stopped by this evening to see Gabriel again. she has already shown everyone at work some photo's of him. She is such a proud granny and she can't stop talking about how gorgeous he is...lol!!
No comments:
Post a Comment