After failing the hearing test in the hospital I had to make an appointment for Gabriel to see the Audiologist for a follow up.
They asked that he be sleeping when I take him as it is easier to do the test. I tried my best to make sure he was fast asleep however it didn't last long.
He was indeed fast asleep when we arrived but after she put the probe in his ear he woke up and was not impressed to say the least. No amount of rocking and patting helped to calm him enough for the Audiologist to perform the test. After 20 minutes of trying and being unsuccessful we decided I should make another appointment and try again at a later date.
Better luck next time I guess. But I am not concerned as he seems to respond to sound so I know he can hear. Will have him tested when he is a little bit older and can sit still a bit better.
After seeing the Audiologist I popped into the baby clinic at the Clinton Hospital to collect Gabriel's birth certificate. He is officially registered as a citizen of South Africa!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment