Sunday, August 2, 2009

One day to go!!!

Today is the day before our little guy is born and the nerves are starting to get the better of me. Tomorrow is D-day and I am not 100% sure on what to expect with regards to both the caesarean as well as the baby. I fear I may not bond as easily as some people do with their babies. What if I am not instantly filled with love for our little boy?!! What if something goes wrong during the operation? So many questions but so few answers. But by tomorrow afternoon I will have all the answers I am looking for.

Yet again today, we didn't do anything out of the ordinary. We went to the comic shop to get Terence his call order then came home and did a bit of tidying up so that we won't have to worry about that for a few days once the baby comes.
It was pretty nerve wracking driving to the comic shop as we were almost side swiped twice. The last thing we need is to be involved in an accident, especially since we are so so close to meeting our son. Thankfully we made it there and back in one piece.

I decided to make a pasta dish for dinner tonight as I thought that whatever was left over I could freeze so that when I come home from the hospital on Wednesday I won't have to cook. Hopefully my idea works as I have never tried to freeze this particular meal before so we may have something yummy to eat on Wednesday night or we may have mush :-)

Last check of the hospital bags and it seems all is in order. Now time to go to bed and try to get some rest. Gotta be up bright and early as I have to be at the hospital at 7am.

No comments: